Christian Youth Camps Waihola (or CYC Waihola) is a Christian camp located at Lake Waihola in South Otago and is passionate about sharing who Jesus is with young people and advancing the Kingdom of God though camping. People who love God and want to share their faith are the key to this mission.
We have a full-time paid position for a Ministry Coordinator at CYC Waihola whose primary role will be to head up the Ministry side of the CYC Waihola organisation and to support the current Operations Manager in the day to day running of the camp-site.
The CYC Waihola ministry is diverse but the main tasks will be:
- facilitating the many diverse holiday camps for children and teenagers we run
- developing the potential of young Christians through leadership at these holiday camps and other leadership events
- promotion and networking of our holiday camps to schools, churches and other social agencies
The role will also include from time to time:
- rostered hosting of our on-site accommodation groups and ensuring their safety and that their expectations are being met.
- various other camp tasks including housekeeping, kitchen and maintenance.
We are looking for applicants who have a sense of God’s call on them, a strong and vibrant faith and who will be compatible with CYC Waihola’s mission and objectives.
Ideally the applicant will:
- Be physically fit
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated and able to work alone on tasks
- Have good administration skills and the ability to pick up new computer systems quickly
- Have a good artistic and design flare
- Be an excellent leader with good communication skills
- Be mature, responsible and able to stay calm in emergencies
- Be good at dealing with all types of people and able to work as part of a team
- Be confident in their own abilities and able to inspire confidence in others
- Be able to demonstrate a positive and responsible attitude in all circumstances
- Have achieved a qualification in outdoor recreation and/or youth work and/or have the relevant experience
- Have the ability and confidence to train and teach others, whilst remaining teachable and willing to serve
The applicant must:
- Have had a clean full drivers licence for more than 2 years
- Either be a New Zealand Citizen or a permanent resident that is allowed to work in a long term full-time position in New Zealand. Unfortunately CYC Waihola is not in a position to relocate non-New Zealand residents and work through the working visa implications.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send:
- a covering letter addressed to the Chairman of CYC Waihola
- your current CV outlining any relevant qualifications and experience
- two reference letters with contact details
We currently have a part-time Ministry Coordinator but are still looking for applications for the full-time role so the application period has been extended indefinitely until the position is filled.