The CYC Waihola leaders tramp is now an annual classic.
This year we have decided to take a week and do the Milford Track.
All leaders and volunteer staff are welcome to attend this tramp. Anyone really keen for some weekend of fellowship with some ‘neat people’ are also welcome to attend this tramp.
It is a winter tramp so expect the following from the weekend:
– easy going track
– minus 0 degrees temperatures and maybe snow
– warm fellowship and good food
Those interested will need to contact Tim at the CYC office to talk about the tramp.
Some limited transport may be available from Waihola to the tramp and home again.
Your gear will need to include:
– Good boots with ankle support
– Very warm clothing (including two sets of thermals)(last time we did this tramp there was a -5 degree night in the hut)
– Very warm sleeping bag (again it is very cold)
– Wet weather gear (last time it snowed)
– Your own food (although dehydrated food is available for purchase from CYC at our cost price)
More details will be published to those that have signed up to go.