The classic CYC tramping camp is back in 2018 – 4 days of getting away from txts, snapchat and social media is just the ticket to a relaxing time away.
Of course you will need to carry all your own clothes and sleeping gear – so don’t bring the kitchen sink with you!!!! Get into the outdoors – away from cellphones, tv and computers – learn about navigation in the bush, bush-craft and cooking your own meals in the great outdoors.
We are going to tramp up the amazing Hopkins and Huxley River valleys – mostly huts but maybe tents.
– Tramp up the Hopkins past Monument Hut to the Huxley River valley. From here we tramp up the Huxley to the Huxley Forks.
– The first night we will stay at the Huxley Forks.
– Day Tramp up the north Huxley river branch to Broderick Hut and depending on the weather maybe up Broderick Pass
– Tramp back down to the Huxley Forks camp-site for the night.
– Tramp back down the Huxley River valley and up to Elcho Hut in the Hopkins Valley.
– Stay the night at the Elcho Hut.
– Back down the Hopkins River to the vehicles.Transport will be available from CYC Waihola and return for the tramp and all food (except snacks) will be provided.
|Dates:||Friday 14th – Tuesday 18th December 2018|
|Price:||$220 – includes all food and transport|
|Camp Age Group:||Co Ed in School Years 9 – 13|