CYC Waihola is a Christian Camp passionate about sharing who Jesus is with young people and advancing the Kingdom of God. People who love God are the key to this mission.
We are always on the look for people that have a vibrant faith in Jesus and are willing to share it with others. There are many different ways you can serve at CYC Waihola, such as:
- Leadership at our Ministry Camps
- Cooking at our Ministry & Leadership camps
- Speaking at our Ministry & Leadership Camps
- Volunteering your skills on one of our sub-committees (Family Camp, Camping Camping or Facility/Building Committee)
- Vounteering at one of our many working bees each year
To start the process of getting involved it is important we know who you are and what your skills are. All volunteers and leaders at our camps must complete the following forms to start the process:
- Application Form – This form introduces you to us and is where you tell us important information such as your contact details, health concerns, emergency contacts and about your faith. Also at the bottom of this form is a place for you to specify a verbal referee whom we may contact to discuss your suitability as a leader at CYC Waihola.
- Written Reference Form – this form needs to be completed by someone who knows you well in Christian ministry and is preferably someone in your church leadership. It needs to be a different person from the verbal referee you specified.
- Police Vetting Form – this form gives us permission to access any records the police may have in regards to you. CYC Waihola is a childcare provider so is required to perform this check on all their paid and volunteer staff. You will need to complete this even if you have already completed it for another organisation as these are specific to an organisation. Any results that are returned will be discussed with you prior to you attending camp.
Once you have completed these forms email them through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you.