*** THIS CAMP IS NOW FULL – please enrol for the waiting list ***
The 2016 Tramping Camp will be tramping the South Coast track and includes a spectacular jetboat ride across Lake Hauroko.
The plan is:
* Wednesday 14th December – Those traveling from further a field are welcome to stay the night in Riverton.
* Thursday 15th December – start tramping early from Rarakau carpark to Port Craig Hut (7 hours, 20km) where we will stay the night.
* Friday 16th December – tramp from Port Craig Hut through to Wairaurahiri Hut (6 hours, 16km)
* Saturday 17th December – day trip to Waitutu Hut (or as close as we can get before we need to turn back to the Wairaurahiri Hut for Monday night).
* Sunday 18th December – meet the Wairaurahiri Jet at 1430hrs at the Wairaurahiri Hut for a ride to Lake Hauroko road end – the boat ride lasts 90 minutes and is one of the most spectacular jet boat trips in the world as we climb 180metres of altitude over 34kms of Grade 3 rapids
|Dates:||Wednesday 14th – Sunday 18th December 2016|
|Price:||$220 – includes all food and transport|
|Camp Venue:||South Coast Track, Southern Fiordland|
|Camp Age Group:||Co Ed in School Years 9 – 13|