The winter leaders tramp is now an annual classic and we are inviting you to come and join the fun!!!
This is a great oppourtunity to meet or catch up with other leaders in a relaxed low key environment.
If you are interested in attending you NEED TO CONTACT Tim Wiel at the CYC office to talk about the tramp.
In the past we have had a quiet weekend jaunt up the Routeburn valley to the Routeburn Falls Hut for the night.
Anyone really keen for some weekend of fellowship with some ‘neat people’ are also welcome to attend this tramp.
It is a winter tramp so expect the following from the weekend:
– easy going track
– minus 0 degrees temperatures and maybe snow
– warm fellowship and good food
Some limited transport may be available from Waihola to the tramp and home again.
Your gear will need to include:
– Good boots with ankle support
– Very warm clothing (including two sets of thermals)(last time we did this tramp there was a -5 degree night in the hut)
– Very warm sleeping bag (again it is very cold)
– Wet weather gear (last time it snowed)
– Your own food (although dehydrated food is available for purchase from CYC at our cost price)
To see photos from the 2012 Winter Routeburn (CYC Leaders Tramp) follow this link:
More details will be sent to those that have signed up to go.